Thursday, March 17, 2011

What do you want to be?

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" the hubby asked my five year old.
"No! I want to be a scientist", he declared.
"Why not an engineer? Or a doctor, or a cricketer?"
"I want to be a scientist."
"But why?"
"Because scientists have fun!"

Flashback to a couple of weeks back when I caught him experimenting with water, and asked him if he intended becoming a scientist.

Pushing a mug into a bucket of water and watching it rise may not quite be what scientists do, but I am glad my son wants to 'have fun'.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Having fun at work is the best goal there is. And probably the most unattainable.

Rama Ananth said...

That is really a cute answer.
I remember wanting to be doctor when I was young. Children usually liked to say that they wanted become engine drivers, but now a days they are exposed to so many things, and they keep changing their minds. Of course in those days we were also fed with stories of Little Red Engine and other such stories.

Southpaw said...

Too cute.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If he thinks it's fun, don't tell him otherwise!

Al said...

lovely!
I wonder if he will stick with it?

Jemi Fraser said...

Curiousity is what science is all about!

Meera said...

Cute

Anuradha Shankar said...

at least he knows he wants to do something that will be fun!! here, this chap wants to be everything he sees at once!

Sueann said...

He wants to have fun at his career and I hope he attains that goal!! For if you enjoy what you are doing...you will never work a day in your life!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Rayna - I think it's wonderful that your son thinks that science is fun :-). I think whenever young children get to discover things for themselves and learn for themselves, it can be fun for them, and finding a way to tap that sense of fun helps them even more :-).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails