Tuesday, March 22, 2011

But that cant' be...

"Which is the odd man out- Brazil, USA, North America, India?", asked the seven year old.
"North America. Because the rest are all countries", I replied.
"Wrong. Guess again."
"India, because India is not in America?"
"No! The answer is Brazil. Because Brazil is south of the equator."
"But India and North America are right too", I argued.
"But that can't be", he said. "How can one question have three answers?"

I wanted to tell him that most of the really important questions don't have a single correct answer. But then I let him enjoy his childhood a little longer.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He'll learn soon enough.

Kittie Howard said...

I echo Alex's comment...and 'soon enough' comes quickly enough.

Liz P said...

Just wanted to let you know you have an award on my blog. Please stop by when you can. :)

LTM said...

ahh... perfect. I love it~ :o) <3 xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rayna - I love the way you are helping your son think creatively and see that very few questions have only one answer. He will be a better thinker and better prepared for the world for that lesson...

Marjorie said...

Love it!

Deb and Barbara said...

Such a great analogy for life!
B

dipali said...

Children have such an 'absolute' perspective on many things- relative concepts will come much later!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails