Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Setting a goal



“But I can’t read”, my six year old said two months back when I told him I was buying him a book without colourful pictures.
“So what, we can learn”, I told him, before adding, “Why, Are you afraid to try?”
His competitive nature couldn’t resist the challenge. It was a tedious task, but he persevered. The fact that the English language is not predictable only made it more complicated. But by the end of the month, I know he’ll be able to read that book.
When you set yourself a goal- a tangible, non-negotiable goal, you do often succeed.

6 comments:

Shalet Jimmy said...

absolutely..." They can conquer who believe they can"... I love this axiom a lot....

Anonymous said...

Oh, so true, Natasha! What a good lesson for your son to learn too. I think goals help us move through life.

LTM said...

I could not agree more! <3

Sueann said...

Well done and well said
Hugs
SueAnn

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Good for him. Three of my four kids learned to read so easily, the other one reluctantly.

Natasha said...

@ Shalet - thank you, and thank you for stopping by.
@ Margot- I am glad he is learning early
@ Leigh- true, isn't it?
@ SueAnn- thanks
@ Susan- you can never predict, can you. And it is for us as parents not to compare and make them feel bad

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails