Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Discovering cooking



I am a strictly utilitarian cook- I enter the kitchen only when I absolutely have to. Not for me hours spent pouring over recipe books; experimenting with flavours; playing with textures. I’d eat the same boring stuff at home, and indulge when we went out.

Till I discovered an on-line community of enthusiastic cooks. Suddenly, good food became accessible. Boring vegetables could be cooked in new ways. Cereals I never knew existed turned out to be as delicious as they were healthy. My spice rack expanded, I bought new implements.

Suddenly, cooking has become almost as much fun as eating!
_________
Bajra/ pearl millet was a name I'd only encountered in geography texts, 
till I found this recipe that seemed easy enough even for me to attempt. 
Verdict- yummy!!!!

2 comments:

Michael Di Gesu said...

Preparing you own meals is a great way to stay healthy and enjoy what YOU like to eat.

Glad you discovered the fun of cooking.

Chuck said...

And it actually looks tasty too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails