Sunday, February 14, 2010

Honeymoon in Salzburg

If money were no object, we would have spent our honeymoon in Salzburg. Unfortunately, money was an object. We ended up in Matheran for a weekend.
We hummed Mozart while exploring the town. Let maska pao and chai substitute for Sachertorte and Viennese coffee. We were in heaven- we didn’t need Austria to get us there.

For our Silver Anniversary, I could finally afford Austria. In the land of Amadeus, Sachertorte and Maria von Trapp we never left each other, even for a moment.
Cancer may have claimed you seven years back, but you enjoyed Salzburg as much as I.

_______
A drabble a day, everyday, on the many aspects of Love, in the Valentine Feature at the Burrow.

The photograph is courtesy my friend, Anurag Chatrath

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ann Elle Altman said...

The picture is amazing and the post is amazing. I too would love to visit Austria.

ann

Hart Johnson said...

your ironic drabbles always touch me, Natasha. Very moving and sad.

Natasha said...

@ Ann - thanks. Austria is on my bucket list- has been there for over two decades. The photograph is by my friend & classmate, Anurag.

@ Tami - thanks. For some strange reason, most of my drabbles end up sad.

Anonymous said...

Your drabbles are always such a delight to read!

Natasha said...

Thank you, Fiona.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails