Thursday, February 11, 2010

Award Day -- The Circle of Friends

My blogger friend, Patricia Stoltey, passed on this wonderful Circle of Friends Award to me last month. I was quite overwhelmed by the Award, because I am greatly in awe of Patricia and of how she manages to do so many things so well at the same time, while still remaining such a wonderful and interesting person. Coming from her, the Award really means a lot to me.

According to the rules, I must pass the Award along to five blogging friends. To me, choosing who to pass an award to and who not to pass an award to is one of the hardest decisions to make. I have met so many people in blogosphere, who have very unobstructively become a part of my life. To cull that list to just five is a very hard thing to do, which is perhaps why I have been putting off passing on the Award for over two weeks.

Though I have finally narrowed the list down to five people, I want all my blogging friends not on the list to realise that I do appreciate them a lot.

I hereby pass on the Circle of Friends Award to -
Hart Johnson of Confessions of a Watery Tart - though strictly not a blogging friend (we met long before I even though of starting a blog), she's my Thursday Twin and if I leave her out, I may as well not go through this exercise.
Jan Morrison of Crazy Jane - from posting pictures of her dollies, to giving discourses on Buddhist Paramitas, to getting people walking through her Friday Challenges, Jan is a delight to have around. We vibe so well, I am pretty sure we were related in a past life.
Dipali of Of This and That - no list of my blogging friends would be complete without Dipali. She doesn't blog often (and has been blogging very infrequently the last few months because of health reasons), but she never fails to leave comments on my blog, and is a really wonderful person.
Donna B of Mystical Journeys - I met Donna only a couple of weeks back, but we've been through very similar journeys. If shared experiences make you friends, Donna is mine.
Faith Pray of Sacred Dirt - I met Faith (and yes, she does insist that is her real name) less than a week back, but it took me only two blog posts to realise she was a kindred soul. Not yet a friend, but someone I think will soon become one.

So there it is, five people who I resonate with them on a personal level, and am proud to call my friends. I do hope you visit these blogs and find some new friends here.

10 comments:

Faith Pray said...

What a gift, Rayna! Thank you for honoring me with a budding friendship. I too look forward to getting to know my kindred sister!

Donna B. said...

Oh Rayna...I am so honored and flattered! I agree, we are friends. Going through our journeys with our Dads has bonded us together. You are so kind and am so happy to receive it from you. This is my 2nd award! Thank you so much my friend. :}

dipali said...

Thank you, my dear. Ever since I read your comment on Gouri's blog, I was hooked:)

Jan Morrison said...

Thank you very much dear friend! I am so enriched by having you in my karass! (for definition of this Kurt Vonnegut term go to - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=karass ). And I particularly adore having a pal on the other side of the earth to play with!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congratulations on your award...and thanks for giving me some new links to check out!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Hart Johnson said...

Natasha, my twin, thank you so much! I agree with how difficult it is to narrow this list, and I am thrilled to be on yours...

I've been neglectful, of late, but I always love your perspective on your life and surroundings!

Ann Elle Altman said...

That's cool. I have been getting a lot of awards lately and it's lots of work.

ann

Natasha said...

@ Faith - me too!

@ Donna - they do, don't they?

@ dipali - would you believe it, I actually went to Gouri's blog yesterday and trawled all over it to find the comment you referred to. It was the Raga 'n' Josh one, wasn't it? I pick up people from the comments they leave too :-)
And hope all your travails reduce soon, so you can spend more time blogging.

@ Jan - I love the word, and yes, that is what we are!

@ Elizabeth - thanks

@ Tami - you have more than enough on your plate, leaving comments on blogs is one thing that can be dispensed with.

@ Ann - it is, and fun too.

dipali said...

Yes- I have a great and abiding love for Sheila Dhar, so I had to visit your blog. The rest, as they say, is history:)

Natasha said...

@ dipali - unfortunately, the first I heard of Sheila Dhar was through the book, but what a lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails