Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wouldn't life be incredibly boring?

How often are you disappointed, because you expect the people you love to behave exactly the way you would, and they don’t? They don’t do anything wrong- they just do not do things “your” way. And you can’t even bring yourself to tell them why you are upset, because in some irrational way, you expect them to know.
But people are not mind-readers- they cannot know what you want of them. People are not your clones- they cannot do things exactly as you would. 

Nor should they.

After all, if we were all exactly alike, wouldn’t life be incredibly boring?

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

9 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

It's true. We have our expectations and those darned people never meet them... I TRY to not set the expectations out there. If you can wipe that slate clean and go in open to anything, it can actually be really nice. But yeah... never what you think...

Jan Morrison said...

Oh but why don't they? Surely they must see that my way is the preferred way? No? Ah well, just as I suspected.

Kittie Howard said...

OMG, but you've hit the nail on the head. You are soooo perceptive! I keep telling myself what you've said, but, being human has its flaws. Anyway, after a series of life's twists and turns, I'm back, cruising along and enjoying your blog more than ever!

Chuck said...

Point well made, Rayna. I find myself falling into this trap every day at work. Sadly, it spills over to after work times...I just can't get my dogs to do it my way either :)

Raige Creations said...

incredibly boring, and thus I am glad life is not.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Well-said as ever! Some of the worst conflicts between people can happen because we expect people to behave "our way"... and they don't. The best relationships happen when we are glad people behave in their way - not ours.

Anonymous said...

Very true. I try to keep that in mind always, but extremely difficult in real life. :)

dipali said...

You bet it would!!!!

Sueann said...

Oh this is so true!!! Seen it many times and felt that way many times. Always need to take a deep breathe and see it for what it is!! Sigh!!
Life would be boring you are right!
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails