Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Traditions that drive you mad

Is it only in my house that festivals end up becoming so stressful? Whether it is strictly necessary or not, you create your own traditions, and drive yourself crazy trying to maintain them even when you have barely enough time to breathe. You expect people to co-operate, but nobody seems to want to do anything except on their terms. And just when decide you will do everything yourself, instead of staying out of the way, people end up creating new problems. “Never again”, you swear. And at that point of time you mean it.

But come next year, you capitulate.
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

6 comments:

Deb and Barbara said...

I only have one piece of wisdom on this stressful conundrum -- the more you do it, the easier it becomes (this in direct correlation to others learning how best to chip in and kids getting older :) )
But I completely relate!!
B

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I totally understand! Sometimes the traditions keep us completely tied to them (especially when kids grow to expect them.)

Chuck said...

That is about as true a drabble as you have ever written...especially with the holidays coming up!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, I so know exactly what you mean! No matter how happy the occasion, we can be so tied to those little traditions that we don't allow ourselves to simply enjoy what's going on. And yes, that's enough to drive anyone mad.

Erin Beyko said...

Oh I'm so bad at doing this. The number of traditions I now have are begining to drive me up the wall. It doesn't help that the older I get the faster time seems to pass on by.

dipali said...

Ouch! I can imagination the frustration, and the compulsion too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails