Friday, October 14, 2011

Are you getting old?


“Mamma, why do you have so many white hairs?”
“Because I am getting old.”
“But you are not old.”
“I am not yet old, but I am starting to get old. Which is I am getting so many white hairs.”

My younger one fell silent, and spent a couple of minutes digesting what I said.
“Mamma, is Patti old?”
“Yes, she is.”
“Older than you?”
“Yes, of course. Patti is my mother, so she has to be older than me.”
“If Patti is older than you, why doesn’t she have white hair like you?”

Time to teach him about hair-dye?
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

6 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

my hair started going white in my late twenties. Now it is pure white, I miss my reddish locks, but oh. Children say it best.

Al said...

Life's little lessons!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - What a wonderful story! I love your children's insightful and penetrating questions! Children are wonderfully free of pretense :-).

Anonymous said...

so funny!

Just like when my four-year-old asked me if I was baptized in the old days. Well, no, I didn´t think so.

"Then the old days go waaay back", she said.

Dorte H

Anonymous said...

Awww
So cute! :)
Ah, children and their innocent questions! :)

dipali said...

Tell him to ask Patti!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails