Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I challenge you.....

“I challenge you to prove to me that staying in school = job, … and that by being educated she isn't also ostracized from the social network that can help her survive if she isn't excessively exploited…….Yes, I know "stop prostitution, build schools" is more compelling, but I'm unconvinced …[education]….is a solution.”

Had it been one of my own friends who said this, I would probably have taken her down in a tackle and given her a bloody nose, but since it was a friend of a friend, I took a deep breath…… and realized she was not entirely wrong.


To read on, hop across to my post in Burrowers, Books & Balderdash.
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - It is so terribly sad, isn't it? These challenges are so awful because there are different facets to them. Difficult problems almost never have easy solutions, and this one is so terribly wrenching...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails