Sunday, October 30, 2011

The intrinsic goodness in us all

Running on my normal route yesterday, I took a nasty tumble and bruised my hand. I continued running, but took a longish detour to the only water-tap in the area so I could wash out the wound.

I took nearly 20 minutes longer to return to the starting point. “Where had you gone? I was starting to get worried about you”, said the man at the milk-booth which I normally use as my pit-stop between loops.

I don’t know him, but he was still watching out for me. Did I fall, so my faith in intrinsic goodness could be renewed?
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

5 comments:

dipali said...

Very very likely! And such a great perspective- hope your hand is alright now.

Jan Morrison said...

yes -auspicious co-incidence or the world as teacher. Basic goodness rules!

Unknown said...

It's funny how when you think no one cares, here comes an individual and just changes your perception of people. Nice drabble!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I'm sorry to hear you hurt your hand, but so glad you were alive to the lesson that was there for you. That's one of the many things to love about you :-).

LTM said...

ooo, sorry you fell! But how nice to have someone looking out for you. That was one thing I liked about jogging in my old neighborhood. Every five houses or so, I passed someone I knew. :o) <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails