Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who's book is that?

“Mamma, who’s book is that?”, asked my older one.
“Erm”, I muttered looking sheepish. “I bought it for you, but I like it so I’m reading it. May I?”
He took the book from my hand. “Percy Jackson”, he read aloud. “Can I read the book now? I mean after you finish?”
“Yes, you may. But you will enjoy it more in a couple of months.”
“Okay. But if I can’t read it yet, why have you bought so many of them?”
How do I tell him that even though the book is meant for young-adults, I like it too.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

7 comments:

Cruella Collett said...

Percy Jackson is awesome, without doubt. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and knowing your son, I'm sure he will too :)

dipali said...

I like reading stuff meant for younger people too!

Danette said...

I enjoyed some kid's books a lot too. I would often read them aloud to my kids so that I could enjoy them along with them. A fave was The Secret Garden. I think my daughter still loves that book.

Faith Pray said...

As a Rick Riordan fan, I am with you! Great books! My kids want to read them, too, and it's hard to explain that they won't be ready for the content for several years!

Meera said...

LOL Nutty, I keep telling myself it's all kids' stuff and keep checking with my library for the sequel!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - A well-written book is a well-written book, whether it's "intended" for YA or adult audiences. Why shouldn't you savour a good YA book? Besides, it gives you an experience you can share with your son.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee
Very cute post :)
I love a lot of children's and young adult books too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails