Wednesday, October 5, 2011

That sense of Achievement


A lady I barely know engulfed me in a bear-hug today, and said- "Thank you. Because of you I ran 2 kilometers today!"

Apparently I’d given her tips on how to start running, and had promised her that she could be running in two months. I barely remember the conversation, but she’d managed to run continuously for 20 minutes today.

2 kilometers! 20 minutes! To me, insignificant. But to her, the equivalent of experiencing zero gravity for the first time!

I glad for her, but slightly jealous too- will I ever achieve the sense of achievement that she did today?

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

6 comments:

Querulous Squirrel said...

Excellent, mundane build-up to an unexpected twist. Great drabble. I don't like to limit myself to exact word counts, but my main fiction and memoir posts are "flash" and "micro." Glad to find you via nablowrimo.

Judie said...

Drabble - a new word.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

What were the tips you shared? I have never been able to be a runner--not even a little bit. :-)

I always love your drabbles, Rayna!

Deb and Barbara said...

I sense more "sense of achievement" in your future. And PS inspiring someone is no small one.
B

Chuck said...

Is suspect you will, Rayna.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Whenever we do something - however small that something is - that we didn't think we could do, that gives us a sense of achievement. If you keep exploring the world the way you do, you will find that sense again - like you did when you completed that marathon run.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails