Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is he deserving of deification?

Steve Jobs headed an organization that created products that set new benchmarks in innovative product design, and marketed it well to the target audience. He helped create shareholder value, and users of his products swear by them.

He was a good manager, designer, and marketer. A visionary, and a leader. Nobody can take that away from him. But to glorify him almost to the point of deification is to take it too far.

I admire the man for his professional achievements, and his personal philosophy. But I do not think he deserves the deification that is being thrust upon him.
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

8 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

I've had similar thoughts pass through my head recently. A roll model, sure. A man to be respected and admireds? Definitely. But it is pretty over the top.

Diandra said...

Next they'll build chapels with apples instead of crosses. [/blasphemy] ^^

ViolaNut said...

I hate all things Apple - they make no sense to me, my bizarre brain configuration serves to make them nearly unusable, and the whole cult thing just turns me off. I still mourn the loss of an intellectual giant, though - there are just so few left.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - That's the thing about people. They are human. They make mistakes. They are not perfect. I think it's always dangerous to deify anyone...

dipali said...

True!

Sueann said...

People seem to always be hungry for someone to follow....it is not healthy!!
Hugs
SueAnn

LTM said...

argh, my husband has been going on about this for a week--agreeing w/you, I mean. But he's exposed to more media than I am. I'm usually home writing or chasing children... :D

Anonymous said...

So true!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails