Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Setting the right goal


I gave my all in the race. Shattered a barrier I have been struggling to break for years. I should have been happy, and proud. Instead, I collapsed in a heap and burst into tears. The race had taken everything out of me, and I wasn’t sure if it was worth it.
Nothing had registered. Not the scenic route, not the cheerleaders, not the live bands. Nothing. All I had been aware of was my pace and the distance left to cover. Was this what I wanted?
Before you work to a goal, it’s prudent to set the right one.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Such wisdom! And you're right, too. So many times, I think, we forget that life is about the journey, not the destination...

dipali said...

So very true!!!

Sueann said...

Well congrats on reaching your goal...! But sometimes one has to wonder at what price?
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails