Saturday, December 17, 2011

5:05 pm

[This is a work of fiction]

I sneaked a look at my watch. 4:45; still no sign of Jacob. He should have been here 15 minutes back. Normally I don't mind covering up for him, but I could not afford to be late today. I had even reminded him yesterday. Should I just leave? After all, my shift was over. Nobody can blame me for doing so. But that's not how things work in retail.
Where was Jacob? Would Mary forgive me for standing her up?

5:05. I ran through the snow. There she was-I could see her. "Papa", she squealed. "I knew you would come."
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words. Check out this story and many more on the Advent Calendar at "the Burrow".

2 comments:

Sueann said...

Whew! Made it!!
You can always count on Papa!
Sweet story
Hugs
SueAnn

Shalet Jimmy said...

wonderful papa....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails