Sunday, December 4, 2011

Late Blooms


I recognized her the moment I saw her. Rita, the one person because of whom I used to dread going to school. She never actually did anything to me. No, Rita was too smart for that. But every time there was ink spilt on my beautifully written essays, or my lunch-box was accidentally knocked over, I knew who was responsible for instigating it. And here she was striding towards me.


“You have no idea who I am, do you?”, I wanted to ask her. Instead, I took the pen she offered and sprawled my name on my most recent bestseller.

_____
Poignant or humorous. Thought provoking or plain silly. A slice of life or a dramatic tale. Countdown to the New Year with a drabble a day, everyday only at The Burrow.

4 comments:

Sueann said...

Oh I loved this post!! What a great outcome!!
See...she was jealous all the time!! But she finally succumbed to your charms
Woot!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

A drabble a day keeps... =] Nice one!
Write1Sub1 RELOADED

Jemi Fraser said...

LOVE the ending!! :)

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, this is brilliant! Thank you for this! What a lovely reminder that life sometimes works out quite different to what we plan...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails