Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Birthday (one day late)


[This post was scheduled for yesterday, but I was so upset all day, I just couldn't bring myself to publish it. 
Whatever else I have got from her or not, letting injustice upset me is an inheritance from my mother, and she will understand why this is a day late.]

She is the perfectionist, expecting nothing less from herself and others. I insist perfection as a concept is overrated.
She is meticulous to the point of putting everything in a list. I let things take their course, trusting they will eventually fall into place.
She drives herself crazy trying to bring order out of chaos. I thrive on chaos.

When two strong-willed individuals are as different as my mother and I, it is natural that sparks fly when we are together.
But the older I get, the more I realize how similar we actually are. Almost Sisters under the Skin.



Happy Birthday, Mamma!
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

3 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy birthday to your mom - I love that photo!! :)

Chuck said...

Very nicely done. In the end it's mother/daughter bonding. Happy birthday to your Mom!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I love this post! What a lovely tribute to the woman fortunate enough to raise you :-). I love the 'photo, too. And I can't blame you one bit for being too upset about that injustice to post "on time."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails