Friday, September 18, 2009

Favourite girlfriend

“Mamma, you are my favourite girlfriend”, said the younger one.
“And mine also”, said the older one.
Mamma, obviously, was delighted. What more could she really ask for.

She suspected a trick. “Are you sure?”, she asked. “I may be your favourite girlfriend, but you still have to go to bed now.”
“We love you, Mamma”, said the younger one.
“And we want to go to bed with you”, said the older one.
Mamma’s day was made. What more could she ask for?

She just hopes that when another girlfriend comes into their lives, she is able to let go.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

dipali said...

That is so sweet!
And of course you will.

Anonymous said...

So sweet... I wonder too how I will ever be able to let go.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You will!

I think, though, that I will be the world's worst mother-in-law. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Helen Ginger said...

Letting go is not easy. Luckily, it's a slow, long process. You let go in increments, a bit at a time. And from what I know so far, there's always a tie that never breaks completely.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jan Morrison said...

my two boys are 37 and 39. Must I let them go? and now I have grandkids that have a lock on my heart! attachment is so cruel and so sweet.

Natasha said...

@Helen/ Jan - it is nice to know from people who have been there that it does happen in its own way.
@Elizabeth - I think if you think that, you will be great - it is the ones who think they are great who so often mess up.
@Fiona - hard to think about, isn't it?
@ dipali - I sure hope so. How did you find it?

dipali said...

Both sons are, to my knowledge, presently unattached. A child's heartbreak is really painful to witness, though. I think I'd be delighted with whoever made my sons mostly happy.

Elspeth Futcher said...

You'll let go because you have to. To keep them tied is doing them a great dis-service and aren't mothers supposed to want what's best for their kids? Trust me. You'll have a private tear for the baby that was, be incredibly proud of the adult they've become, and will let go.

Elspeth

Natasha said...

@ Elspeth - I certainly hope I have it in me to let go when the time comes. Definitely hope I can, but worry all the same.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails