Sunday, September 6, 2009

Colours - Violet

[This is a work of fiction. The characters and situations are purely imaginary, and any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental and unintended.]

I should have been indulging in some retail therapy at Phoenix. Instead here I am stuck in this stupid midtown rush.

I deserved the morning off.
“Beautify the presentation and send it to me tonight”, she’d said as she dashed off to the theater. I was stuck in office till midnight formatting graphs, standardising the presentation.

"Bring my flash drive to...", she trilled into the mobile, waking me up minutes after I had dropped off to sleep. Couldn’t she have called earlier, so I could have carried it home with me?

Inconsiderate bitch.

Time to look for a new job.



_____
Drabble(n) -
an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.


A companion piece was written by Chary Johnson of Bronx Tales and Inner Musings.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Interesting set-up! I like the idea of important flash drives...

Elizabeth

Natasha said...

Thanks, Elizabeth.

The other day, I couldn't find my flash drive, and actually commented "I can't afford to lose it. My entire life is in that flash drive." Two minutes later, I clarified, "my entire work life, I mean", but.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails