Monday, September 7, 2009

Creative license

Ganapathi!

The God with the Head of an Elephant, and the Body of a Human.

He broke a tusk off either to use as a pen, or to fight a warrior. Whichever story you believe, he has only one tusk.

A God with a cheery disposition- one you will rarely see with a frown.

He’s never seen without his mouse- can’t move about without his vehicle, can he?

A head full of hair, because he was a rather cute boy before his head got knocked off.


Ganapathi!

Though it looks nothing like how the Elephant God is depicted in popular culture, I love my son’s representation because it is so accurate. Isn’t that at the soul of Art?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dipali said...

Lovely!

Cruella Collett said...

I absolutely adore that drawing! For one thing, I don't think I've ever seen Ganesha looking quite so happy - or optimistic - as this (even if he is a cheerful god). Children's drawings, like children's logic and children's humour can be so mind-boggling - how do they do it? :)

Natasha said...

@ Mari - he is a God with a cheery disposition, but neither have I ever seen him with a smile as huge as this one.
And the question, I guess, should not be 'how do they do it?', but 'how did we forget to do it?'

@ dipali/ Chary - no points for guessing what I have as the wallpaper on my phone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails