Monday, September 3, 2012

At home in the Universe



A light drizzle started during my run. Within minutes, the sky opened up, and I was caught in a heavy downpour. Umbrellas erupted, people took shelter under trees; the park emptied out. I had the track to myself. Raindrops hit my face, and washed the sweat away. My feet took on the rhythm of the falling rain, any fatigue long washed away. I was one with the elements- at home in the Universe.
People thought me crazy. Then one joined me, and another, and another. The park was full of bobbing umbrellas. Can life get any more beautiful than that?

2 comments:

Chuck said...

It would have been great to see a picture of that bobbing umbrella group!

Anonymous said...

Natasha - What a lovely experience that must have been! I love that feeling of being at one with what's going on, too, and I'm glad you had it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails