Wednesday, November 25, 2009

To my first born, the day he turns six

Looking at you now, I can hardly believe you were a baby. Those memories are still as precious today as they were all those years back, but that gorgeous baby seems so far removed from you.

Your head almost comes up to my chest, your legs are much longer than my arms. Was there really a time not so long ago when all of you fitted into one hand?

Your questions challenge my intellect. Your knowledge catches me by surprise. You have already acquired skills that are alien to me.

You came from within me, but you are so much bigger than I could ever be.

Fly my little baby. Fly high. Your mother will always be around when you want to come back home to roost.

 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Cruella Collett said...

Lovely! Wish him a happy birthday from Norway :)

Anonymous said...

Delightful! A big warm and loving birthday wish to your six-year-old!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

So sweet! And Happy Birthday from North Carolina, USA!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Hart Johnson said...

Oh! What a nice reflection! And Happy Birthday to him and happy anniversary of motherhood to you!!!

Elspeth Futcher said...

Happy birthday to him from British Columbia, Canada!

Elspeth

dipali said...

Happy birthday and God bless!

Natasha said...

Thank you All!

And he did have a fantastic birthday. How can he not, when he has wishes from around the world.

Riddhi said...

“There are two things parents should give their children: roots and wings. Roots to give them bearing and a sense of belonging, but also wings to help free them from constraints and prejudices and give them other ways to fly" - Goethe

I have a 15 year old brother and I try to do the same for him.

I came across your blog today and read through 3-4 years of it! It's relatable and so simple. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails