Sunday, November 1, 2009

Will she still want me?

This is a work of fiction. The characters and situations are purely imaginary, and any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental and unintended.

My love was not the adolescent crush that she dismissed it as.

“Teacher and student, never works”, she said.
“Says who?”, I countered.“I am much older than you”, she said.
“I don’t care”, said I.
“But I do. I am twenty-seven, you are not yet fifteen.”
“In twelve years, I will be twenty-seven.”
“By then I will be almost forty. This gap can never be bridged.”
“I’ll think of a way”, I boasted. I couldn’t, but leukaemia did.

I turned seventy-five today, she is still thirty-two. When I join her in a few years, will she still want me?

______
Drabble(n) - an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the twist in the tale!

Unknown said...

Wow, this was beautiful. Weird at first but touching in the end. I loved it!

Natasha said...

@ Fiona - Thanks

@ Chary - haven't you read it before? Was on the burrow (Advent feature, unless I am mistaken).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails