Sunday, November 22, 2009

Come Rain or Shine

This is a work of fiction. The characters and situations are purely imaginary, and any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental and unintended.

You always caught me when I fell, kissed my grazed knees, made it better. We were best friends, but just friends.

You took me to the prom when I couldn’t find another date. I never told you how much I loved you – I couldn’t risk losing my best friend.

All those unsuitable men I met – you always put together the broken pieces of my heart.

I married, had children. They married, had children. You were there for me, though never mine.

I have only a few years left, I want to spend them with you. Together, come rain or shine.


______
Drabble(n) - an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad and poignant!

Jan Morrison said...

I love this one Rayna - so much there.

Manasi said...

i loved it!

-Manasi (of this life and time)

Natasha said...

@ Fiona/ Jan - thanks

@ Manasi - welcome, and thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails