Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wasted time


I was stepping out for a run when my older one caught me. “Mamma, please, please, please, can you go for a run later. I want to talk to you now.”
“Later, Sweetheart”, I almost told him. “We can talk when I am back.” I really wanted to put in a long run that day; soon it would be too hot to go outside. But I looked into his eyes- gleaming with hope and anticipation. A day will come when he might no longer want to talk to me- how I will long for this moment then.
I stayed back.
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin,
Phrynette Married


______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Toward the end of each month I like to visit some different blogs then my usual one which is listed on left hand side...Called “Coffee drinkers”
I never felt my time was waste with my children...I'm not saying I never messed up as a parent either.
Hope you fine the time to pop in for some coffee.

Lisa said...

what a lovely post and beautiful thought. To enjoy the tiny moments at the crossroads of our lives!

Sueann said...

Good choice...how precious!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - What a wonderful mother you are! And so wise of you to understand that your son's knowing that he is your priority means everything to him, whether he thinks about it consciously or not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails