Saturday, October 6, 2012

Remember who you are

She is a person I admire tremendously. A graduate from a top management institute, she had an enviable corporate career ahead of her. Instead, she chucked it all and returned to her first love- Experimental Physics.
When I congratulated her after she received an important Award, and told her why I admire her so, her response was surprising. “I’m so glad you reminded me of all that”, she said. “I’d forgotten who I once was. Now that I remember, it will be so much easier for me to make difficult choices again.”
Why do we forget who we really are?
"You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life.
Remember who you are. You are my son and the one true king. Remember..."
- Mustafa to Simba in The Lion King
______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - As soon as I read the title of your post I thought of that line from The Lion King. It is so important to remember who we are deep inside. That is what we are meant to be as people...

Natasha said...

@ Stephanus thank you for stopping by

@ Margot - should be so easy to remember, but we so often forget who we are, don't we?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails