Saturday, October 20, 2012

I don't care


“Sera* called me ‘Tiny’”, I overheard my younger one telling his brother.
“Did you hit her?”, his brother asked.
“Why should I?”, he replied. “I told her I didn’t need her to tell me something I already knew.”
I worried about it for awhile, and at dinnertime, broached the topic again. “Do you mind being the shortest in your classs?”, I asked. “I am sure you will grow taller soon.”
“Why should I want to be tall?”, he asked. “I’m okay as I am.”
“But don’t people tease you?”
“So what? I don’t care.”
Wish more people were like him.

“What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.”
― Martha Graham
* Name changed

______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

3 comments:

Sueann said...

Wisdom from a child...he is so right...who cares
LOL
Hugs
SueAnn

Chuck said...

An amazing attitude among the youth of today...I think he's a keeper, Natasha:)

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I wish that, too!! Of course, he's got an amazing mother, so of course you've taught him to be happy with who he is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails