Thursday, October 18, 2012

Being yourself

“You are getting so many grey hairs”, a friend commented. “Why don’t you start colouring it?”
I muttered something incomprehensible about colouring being high maintenance, and quickly changed the subject. How do you explain to someone that you just don’t want to hide the grey. That coloured hair, or highlights are definitely beautiful, but that you feel the need for neither. That you actually like the streaks of grey, because you feel you have earned every single one of them.
That, strange though it may seem in a world obsessed with the perfect body, you are happy just being yourself.

“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
― Marilyn Monroe
______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

2 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

I wish I could be as content in myself as you sound to be in yourself. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I love your attitude! People are who they are and their worth and beauty as individuals is reflected in their unique appearances. Why not celebrate it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails