Thursday, October 11, 2012

Am I flying correctly?

Why is it that of all the animals in the world, it is only the human that is so full of self doubt? Is my running gait right? Is my voice pitched right? Am I speaking in the right accent? Is this food good for me? Does that dress look nice on me? There doesn’t seem to be a single moment in our lives when we are not questioning something that we do.
Is it because we try to do so much, we rarely reach the stage where we do things instinctively? Or I am generalising as I often do?
A bird never asks, "Am I flying correctly?"
~ Mary Ann Radmacher


______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - It is such a human thing to second-guess oneself isn't it? Other animals hesitate - I know my dogs do at times - but you're right. They don't really question themselves the way humans do. I wonder if it's the price we pay for the ability to reason...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails