Friday, October 26, 2012

Can anything be more Joyous?

Four months back, my younger one couldn’t read at all. He could spell words, but couldn’t read them in a printed book. And then he gradually learnt to sound the words out- first with help, then on his own. He still gets many of the words wrong, but he gets enough right to want to keep trying.
Yesterday, he picked up his favourite Tintin comic. “Why don’t you try reading the words instead of just looking at the pictures?”, I suggested.
He looked incredulous. Then tried. “Mamma, I can read!!!!”, he exclaimed.

Can anything be more Joyous than that discovery?

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
― Stephen King, On Writing
______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

2 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, YAY! Good for him! And congrats, mama--it is always good when a child has a new way to entertain himself.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - No. Little is more joyous than the discovery that you can read. He has now been welcomed into a whole new world of thought, exploration, fun and so much more. Welcome, little one! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails