Saturday, July 3, 2010

Who's Versatile?

“So you think you are a versatile genius”, I was asked during my interview to get into b-school.
“Genius, no. Versatile, I try to be”, I replied.
I got through.


Apparently, I am not the only one who thinks I am versatile. About a month back, Debra gave me this-
Then a couple of weeks later, Amber gave me the same award again.

Last week, Jemi gave me this variant of the same Award-
Yesterday, both Ella and Jan passed on the same Award to me. Even a person as thick headed as me had to take the hint- I could not ignore the Versatile Blogger Award much longer. Though I hoard awards the way Victorian heroines did love letters, it was time to pass this particular Award on.

The Versatile Blogger Award in both its variants comes with its rules-
(a) Thank the person(s) who gave it to you- I adore all five ladies in different ways, and if you havent’ visited their blogs yet, please do.
(b) Share seven things about you– taking a cue from Jan, I am sure I can dig out seven things that will show my versatility
(c) Pass it onto fifteen other versatile bloggers – now this is the difficult part, and the main reason why I have been putting this off. So many of you are so versatile, it is hard for me to pick 15, and only 15. Time to break the rules, me thinks. I am going to pass it on to a single person- the person who, I think, is the most versatile of the lot. She blogs about music, she blogs about summer, she blogs about family, she blogs about friends, she blogs about happiness, she blogs about sadness- and she does it everyday and she does it all in verse. Yvonne Lewis of Welcome to my World of Poetry.


And since I have been drabbling for the last couple of weeks, here are seven things about me, expressed in exactly 100 words-

I first spoke in public when I was three, and haven’t looked back since

Their fur is loved off, but I still have many of my soft-toys from childhood

I love knitting, but only if the pattern is really complicated

I made it to sports teams in school because what I lacked in skill, I made up for in enthusiasm

I think some of the weeds in my garden are prettier than the plants

I stack books everywhere, but still don’t have enough place to put them

I leant to develop and print my own photographs- photoshop is more fun

______

Saturday is the day I normally reserve for photographs, so here is one of a flower that bloomed on my birthday.

Calliandra emarginata

13 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations on your versatility.
Your birthday flower is like you. So many petals (talents) to bring out the beauty.

Margot Kinberg said...

Rayna - Congratulations on your awards! And I think some weeds are lovely, too!

aLmYbNeNr said...

What a beautiful flower! And on your birthday! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on all of the versatility awards! Awesome :)

Love the flower - so pretty. I've got a few weeds in my garden that I don't get rid of - too pretty.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nice photos.
And I think all I have is weeds in our flowerbed.

Rayna M. Iyer said...

@ Mary- thank you. That is a lovely thing to hear.

@ Margot- thank you. And some weeds are lovely, aren't they?

@ Amber- yes, I was lucky. Really, really lucky.

@ Jemi- you had mentioned that in your seven things- and I had to repeat it ;-)

@ Alex - thanks. And who cares if they are weeds or not, as long as they are pretty?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You are a going concern! No, wait . . . a versatile, going concern!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Congratulations on your versatile award much deserved.

Thanks also for the award. it is very kind of you and I accept it with pride,
Yvonne.

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the awards. You are quite versatile. Love the photo, so beautiful.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Nf1andprek-whisper said...

congrats on your award...

Chary Johnson said...

Congratulations on the Versatile award, five time winner!

Thanks for posting links to their sites will check them out after I post.

That photo is so vibrant and beautiful. Really great photo!

Clarissa Draper said...

Congrats on the award and I think it's cool you drabbled your seven points.

CD

Rayna M. Iyer said...

@ Debra- wow, Debra, you have even picked up my terminology!!! I am trained as an investment banker, incidentally.

@ Yvonne - I could not think of 15 people, so decided to give i tot one person who personified versatility. That had to be you.

@ Mason - thank you.

@ Nf1andprek-whisper- thank you.

@ Chary- it is a lovely flower, isn't it?

@ Clarissa- thank you. Since I decided to drabble my posts for a bit, I had to stick to it. And an average of fourteen words per point isn't a stretch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails