Monday, June 15, 2009

Jasminum polyanthum


On the same day, from the same place, for the same price, I bought two chameli plants. I planted them in the same pot - exactly the same conditions of soil, sun and watering.

For the first few weeks, neither was too happy, then I got too busy to take much notice of them. The last month or two, we've been averaging 20 chameli flowers a week. Often, when I am at my computer late at night, the fragrance wafts in with the breeze to keep me company.

The other day, when I went to tie back the vines so they climb a little more neatly over the balcony grill, I noticed that one plant had disappeared completely. And the other plant had put forth enough branches for me not to have even noticed the absence.

Twins. Brought up in identical conditions. Yet one perishes, the other flourishes.

Life is strange.



Posted by Picasa


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails