Friday, January 4, 2013

Friends keep us afloat


We had been friends. Till we had a fight, and cut each other off from our lives. I distanced myself from most of our mutual friends. There had been good times, but I put them behind me. “Life is complicated enough without excess baggage”, I convinced myself. It suited me fine.

Months later, she reached out. “Can we put all that behind us, and start afresh?”
I wanted to ignore it. Her. But made me take her hand. There were no apologies, no recriminations. Just a desire to start afresh.
I am glad she reached out. Friends keep us afloat.
________________
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Margot Kinberg said...

Natasha - They do, indeed. I give you so much credit for opening your life and your heart to her again. That's one more strand in the net that keeps you safe.

SueAnn Lommler said...

Yes...friends offer a lifeline in a hectic and sometimes brutal world.
Congrats on your new old friend
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails