Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Universe of Books



“What do I read now”, my son asked me after finishing the Harry Potter series, and analysing it in as much depth as his mother’s now rusty knowledge permitted. Half a dozen recommendations jostled their way to the front- books I love, books I thought he would like, suitable books- I pushed them all aside. “Here’s a cupboard full of books”, I told him. “Pick any that you think you might like.”

There is a Universe of Books out there, and it is never too early to learn how to search for books that engage you.

He picked a Cozy-mystery!
______
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

5 comments:

Sueann said...

So true...and what fun for him.,..to enter the land of books!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Michelle Wallace said...

Hi there. I'm popping in from the Please Re-introduce Yourself blogfest.
No post? I thought I 'd read a 100 word re-introduction...

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, what joy there is in exploring all sorts of books. A big part of the pleasure of reading is discovery so I hope he'll enjoy his journey.

Anonymous said...

Hi! My first here :)

What bliss to stand and stare at the beautiful world. I almost thought you would end it with a " He chose to re-read the HP series" :P Not uncommon either! :)

Anonymous said...

So true and inspiring to know that there are so many books out there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails