Monday, May 16, 2011

Sleep, deep sleep

So many of us think sleep is almost dispensable. So many of us think that being able to get by with little sleep is a badge of toughness.

I know people who compromise on sleep so they get their daily workouts- till very recently, I was one of that tribe too. I know people who have almost trained their body to believe it needs less sleep than it does.

And yet, the body needs rest. It needs sleep; uninterrupted, quality sleep. Compromise on your passion, but don't cut back on sleep. Someone I know recently died of lack of sleep.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

8 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I need my sleep! I get stupid without it. And mean. Great drabble :)

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Important topic!!! Research shows that fatigued driving is a greater cause of traffic accidents than drink driving or even using mobiles when driving.

Jan Morrison said...

Yikes! Died of lack of sleep. Yikes! I'm going to go to bed now.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I can't function if I get too tired.

Reena said...

Ugh! I love to sleep but once or twice a week ... sleep eludes me until the wee morning hours. I think at my age they call it *menopause*. I always get a chuckle when I look at that word ... * men o pause *

Sue said...

It really bothers me when I hear of junior doctors being scheduled to work up to 30 hours without sleep in hospitals. The mistakes that are being made must be dreadful, yet no one seems willing to take on those who do the schedules. Some people seem to think sleep is optional, I know I need it!

Sueann said...

I love to sleep!! I too have a hard time functioning if I don't get enough of it. Having a good bed helps too! Love my bed!!
A Sleep Comfort bed...love it!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Chuck said...

Dying from lack of sleep...now THAT is an awakening!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails