Saturday, May 14, 2011

Footprints

We all dream of leaving behind
Footprints on the sands of time.
Of being remembered long after we are gone
As someone quite Unforgettable-
Noble, generous good and kind.

But when you actually run along the shore,
You find you leave behind you a lonely trail
Which lasts till the next wave comes along
and neatly washes it away
leaving behind, again, a pristine beach.

When my time comes to go,
All I want is to be remembered
By those who I really care about
As someone who briefly touched their lives
And left it no worse off than before.
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

8 comments:

Deana said...

This is beautiful!

danisletters13 said...

That's so gorgeous. Bravo!

GigglesandGuns said...

Beautifully said.

Theres just life said...

Beautiful drabble. This has to be one of my favorites.

Pamela Jo

Chuck said...

Well said. I think you will achieve your goal.

Margot Kinberg said...

Natasha - I love this poem! You express so clearly what a wonderful legacy we can leave, just by being remembered by those who love us.

missing moments said...

I love drabbles and especially this poem. Well done!

slommler said...

Amen!! Me too!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails