Friday, December 10, 2010

Hijack Successful!

[When I left the computer untended for a few moments, little did I imagine it would get highjacked by the two rascals.....]

"Hi. I am seven years old, and my brother is four years old."
"No, I am five years old."
"No you are not. You are four years old."
"I am almost five years old."
"But now you are only four years old. Baby."
"But next month I will be five years old."
"So what?"
"But last month, you were six years old, but said you were seven years old."
"That was last month. Now I am seven years old, and you are four years old."
"Bully. I am almost five years old."
"Okay, okay. Don't fight. Mamma will find out."


[For the rest of the story, do visit Burrowers, Books & Balderdash]
_____
A drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rayna - ...and two more adorable and wonderful "computer hijackers" there never were! I love that 'photo! And the conversation sounds sooooooo sibling-like. It's one of those times where you have to smother laughter so that you can remind your sons of how to treat each other.

Unknown said...

That conversation is so funny and yet so true! It's great! I think me and my sister did that a lot.
CD

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You should let them take over your computer now and then. The results are funny!

Kittie Howard said...

Fun! And a nice memory! My sister and I used to have conversations like that. Have a great weekend!

Southpaw said...

Ha! Momma will find out!

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Funny how little ones want to be older and adults want to be younger!)

LTM said...

oh! I love that--and that picture is AWESOME. I'm stealing Mr. 5~ ;p

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it! Kids almost always say they're 'almost' whatever - even just after their birthdays! So cute!!! :)

Al said...

Great story, you capture the essence of your boys.

Natasha said...

@ Margot - they are the cuties variety of highjackers, aren't they? Thank you so much.

@ Clarissa - not having had a sibling, I find it eternally amusing.

@ Alex - I should, shouldn't I? Maybe I should make it a weekly feature.

@ Kittie - and here I was thinking my kids were unique.

@ Holly - she will, always.

@ Jane - they do. don't they? But by your description, I am still young- I add a few months to my age.

@ Leigh- thank you. And you are welcome to them too!

@ Jemi - I remember doing that too, and in fact still do.

@ Al - thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails