Monday, August 31, 2009

The Chimpanzee

  She would call her friend ‘Dinosaur’, and got called ‘Chimpanzee’.
“I want a picture of yours”, her friend had said. She’d obliged.
“How dare you”, her friend had said after taking a look at the picture. They had both collapsed into laughter.

Like so often happens, they drifted apart. Completely lost touch, till the Internet brought them together again.

“Do you remember that picture of a chimpanzee that you gave me when I asked for your photograph?”, her friend said twenty years later. “I still have it with me.”
Their laughter was audible over the miles.

Friends once. Friends forever.
Posted by Picasa
More on friends

5 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Isn't it amazing how the internet can bring people back together? With Facebook, I've reconnected with cousins and friends from high school I haven't seen in ages.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Natasha said...

The Internet is amazing, isn't it, Elizabeth. The other day someone send me one of those chain status messages asking me to display the message for a day if I had met friends through the Internet. I have, but equally, I have discovered friends I had lost so many years back, and who I am happy to call my friend again.

ritu said...

u know chimp, u're a champ!!!

joe doaks-Author said...

Yes, it is amazing how you can get reconnected through the internet. It's also scary, there are a some folks I'd just as soon avoid.

Best Regards, Galen
Imagineering Fiction Blog

Natasha said...

Totally agree, Galen. The number of friend requests I have had to ignore/ reject is more than I would care to remember.

And you too, Ritu, you too. Someday you need to scan the 'photograph' and send it to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails