Monday, January 16, 2012

Listen to our heart


The race was charted out in meticulous detail. There was Plan A, a Plan B; and a plan for when things went wrong as I knew they would.
But when I actually started running, my legs listened not to my brain, but to my heart. My heart knew the pace I should hit and the pace I should keep. My heart knew when to slow down, and when to keep going. My heart helped me run a race I never knew I could- turn in a time I never thought possible.
Why can’t we learn to listen to our heart?

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

And now, I can proudly wear this!!!!

3 comments:

LTM said...

oh, I love this. It's making me think of other things and the metaphor is just beautiful to me... I find it's almost impossible for me to run with a heavy heart, but if I force myself to do it, it somehow gets lighter. Usually. :o) <3

Sueann said...

Congrats on a race well run! Yes we do need to listen to our hearts more!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Oh, such wonderful news, Natasha! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails