Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The best we can be


“How do you find the answer so fast”, asked my son in wonder when I mentally calculated the long division he had been struggling with for the last several minutes.
“Practice. Nothing but practice”, I replied.
“But you still did it so fast”, he said. “Did you know the answer from before.”
“No, I calculated it right now.”
“But how could you do it so fas?”, he asked. “Are you the best in the world?”
“No, Sweetheart, I am not.  But I do try to be the best that I can be.”

Isn’t that what we should strive for, always?
_____

Flashback 2011 - December 
I would probably call this the "Best" Sunrise I witnessed during the year, but there have been other memorable sunrises too. In fact, truth be told, Every Sunrise IS the Best, in its own unique way. Taken in December during our holiday in Goa, this photograph forms a part of my Pictoral Flashback of 2011.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, you bring up two such important things here! Nothing comes without a lot of practice, and it doesn't matter how good others are or aren't at something: we're called to be our own best. Such good things to keep in mind!

Kittie Howard said...

Yes, yes, ALWAYS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails