Friday, June 17, 2011

When it comes to staying young....

I'm turning Four Oh next week. Fabulous, fantastic, freaking awesome are some of the adjectives that I plan to affix to that age. A birthday is just an arbitrary date, but it is a great time to take stock of how far you've come, and how much further you can go. I'm excited.
Many of my friends are turning forty too this year. Not everyone's happy. There are people feeling depressed, because thinking of the looming birthday makes them feel soooooo old.
I guess attitude is everything.

"When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day."
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Big Four Oh is a milestone but still a youthful one! That quotation is right on.

Anonymous said...

Amen... attitude is everything! As long as your years count then it's not their length but breadth that counts... says she who has passed the big 5 Oh.

Anonymous said...

Natasha - You are so right! Attitude is what really matters. It's not where you've been; it's where you are and where you're headed now...

Stephanie V said...

Birthdays are just numbers to collect. It's what you do with them that counts. I have almost 65 and I'm enjoying every one.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're excited. I didn't handle it too well. Better now though.

Meera said...

Absolutely, Nutty... It is a year that will come and go. Can we wish to remain always a particular age - doesn't that mean the opposite of life, which is all about growing?

Dorte H said...

Ha, that´s the spirit.

I turned fifty in February. And I enjoyed celebrating it with friends and family - apart from that, the only difference is that I am more determined to be a writer because I don´t want to look back when I´m hundred, regretting that I didn´t try.

Deb and Barbara said...

I loved turning 40. Strangely turning 41 was harder :)
It's all up-hill from there, baby!
B

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

I just turned 40 and was okay with it. It's just weird to think I am now considered "older". Don't feel it!

The Write Soil

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails