Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What is the Olympics?


I was talking about the Olympics the other day, when the eight-year old piped up, “What is the Olympics?”
“It’s something like your Sports Day in school, but instead of houses taking part, it is countries.”
“They run races? I can do that but I am not very fast.”
“Yes, there is running, but there are also many other sports.”
 “You mean like ‘cops and robbers’, and ‘hide and seek’?”, he asked. “I am sure I could play them well. Let me make my team.”
I really didn’t have the heart to tell him how off the mark he was.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Sueann said...

Kids...they face life undaunted!
Hugs
SUeAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I love your son's creativity and original thinking. He gets it naturally :-) Thanks for sharing :-).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails