On Mother's Day, my 'buttercup' plant flowered for the first time. The butterflies were on holiday that day, so the flowers just dried up and fell. In the months to follow, there were a few more flowers, one of which even got to the fruiting stage, but the one day when I did not check on their progress was the day the fruits chose burst and scatter the seeds where I could not find them.
The last month has been chaotic to say the least, and though I did see the two buttercup flowers, I didn't really take them in. Without my even being aware of it, the flowers fertilized, the fruit grew, and the seeds matured. On Wednesday, I was at home nursing a cold, and thought meeting my plants would be a good way to cheer myself up.
Guess what I found- two fruit, with the seeds exposed, but the seeds still intact.
I paused only long enough to take a picture before harvesting the seeds.
I hope at least some of them germinate - these false buttercups are my one of my favourite flowers after all!