Monday, December 29, 2008

The real giants

"Mamma, tell me the story of Tiger Bravo", my older one asked.

"Who?"

"Tiger Bravo. The giant, Tiger Bravo. The one with the golden nose."

Ah, that 'Tiger Bravo'!!!

I launched into a story of Tycho Brahe, the giant of science, who lost his nose in a fight, before realising that fighting did not solve any problems, and who then devoted himself to studying the stars and so became a very powerful giant.

Stretching the truth, I know, but the kids were impressed to know that you did not have to do exercises to become a giant - you could do that by solving number problems too.

Tiger Bravo led to Johannas Kepler, and today I am committed to telling them the story about the third giant - Issac Newton.

Kids these days adore their superheros, and even three-year olds know everything there is to know about every one of them. Why then, has nobody thought to make real life heros into comic book superheros. I am sure they would really take off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

Bubbly Bala said...

You could make a beginning by writing in a simple language and in simple words.I, with much less imagination than you, have written stories for Baban and you when you were young.It is a pity I havent done anything my grandchildren.

Natasha said...

If I try to squeeze anything more into my day, I may just burst!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails