This is the Award that was passed on to me by Failed Experiments & Experimental Failings and Voices in my Head. Thank you Sujata Ravi and Emmy Leigh.
This particular award is for blogs participating in the a-z challenge and with fewer than 200 followers, to give them a bit of a boost.
To accept the nomination I have to fulfil these requirements:
- Post the award on my blog
- Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site
- Post 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I want to pass the award on to
- Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own
Here are 11 random facts about myself-
1. I always wanted a daughter, but ended up having two sons. Now, I can't imagine being the mother of a girl
2. I still have the stuffed toy doggie that someone gave me on my second birthday 40 years back. And I love her as much now as I did when I was a child
3. I would go through multiple mugs of coffee everyday, till I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and asked to stop completely. Darjeeling Tea is my current poison
4. I am addicted to Sudoku, and cannot start the day before solving the daily puzzle in the newspaper
5. I started driving after I turned 34, and took swimming lessons a month before my 36th birthday. Haven't learnt any new skills since then
6. Till a few years back, I thought it took supernormal ability to run anything longer than 5 kilometers. I've got four full marathons under my belt now
7. Growing up, I wanted to be a scientist. I ended up with a degree in business management
8. The first story I finished was a Harry Potter fan-fiction. I owe the awesome community of HP fan-fiction writers a debt for getting me to believe in myself as a writer
9. Many of my "virtual" friends are much dearer to me than real life ones
10. I don't like the colour pink, precisely because it is so closely associated with a gender
11. My pile of "To Be Read" books doesn't just threaten to topple over, it does so with alarming regularity
Here are the 11 questions Sujata asked -
1) What does your name mean? Do you like your name? Have you ever wanted to change it?
I was named for the heroine of War and Peace. I love my name, and have never wanted to change it.
2) Why did you start your blog?
Five glorious years get over in July! I never thought I would last as long as I have.
3) Tea or coffee?
Tea, because coffee has been banned for medical reasons
4) If you could revisit a day or a certain period of your life, what would it be?
I am happy in the Now, but would love to meet my father again
5) What’s your favourite thing about the internet?
The friends I have made
6) Do you think all this technology and social media has made us better or worse at being social?
No. But it has changed the definition of "close friends"
7) What’s your favourite food?
Chocolates. Need you ask?
8) Are you a city person or a country-side person?
Both. I feed off the pulse of the city, but will be equally happy in a village (though in a different way)
9) If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d buy or spend on?
I'm not sure I really desire anything that money can buy all that much. Will probably keep it aside for later.
10) Why did you decide to do the A-Z challenge this year?
I've been a part of it since it started, and it has become a habit.
11) Describe yourself in 4 words.
That's easy- "A Mother of Two". Once you become a mother, everything else is secondary
The 11 questions that Emmy asked -
1) What’s your favourite TV program?
I don't watch TV
2) If you were buying a book for someone who doesn’t usually read, what would you buy?
Depends on who it is. I'll try to pick a book they would like.
3) Fiction reading or non-fiction reading?
Fiction over non-fiction any day, though I like non-fiction too
4) Do you read more than you write or write more than you read?
Have written precious little in the last few years.
5) What’s for breakfast?
Oats and milk
6) Type or handwrite?
Both. When I don't have access to a computer, I scribble on whatever piece of paper I find.
7) What was your favourite childhood tv or book character?
I wanted to be Fatty from the Enid Blyton series
8) How do you think the world will end?
The way science predicts it will. I am certain we will not blow ourselves up.
9) Radio/music or TV in the background?
Neither. Love the sound of silence
10) Housework: love it or loathe it?
You must be joking right? Loath it, though I try to ignore it as long as I can
11) How good are you at doing what you know you should do?
Fairly good. When I am convinced something needs to be done, I generally do it
Now to nominate a couple of blogs that are a part of the challenge
1) Apocalypse Now
2) This Crazy Writing Life
3) Princess of Procrastination
4) Bronx Tales and Inner Musings
5) The Furry Tale Chronicles
6) Writing in the Rain
7) Writing for Pleasure
8) Lots of Crochet Stitches
Eleven questions of my own.
1) If you could be one character from fiction, who would it be?
2) Is there any one character who you think is pure Evil?
3) Betraying your friends, or betraying your principles- which is worse?
4) Mathematics or Literature- which subject did you like more in school?
5) Would you dance in the rain, or run for shelter?
6) Favourite word(s)
7) If money was no object, where would you go for your next holiday?
8) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
9) The one colour you will never wear?
10) Favourite drink?
11) Where do you see yourself in 11 years?
That's it. See you again tomorrow with an easy post of 100 words :-)