Thursday, March 14, 2013

Things jar, sometimes



It was a home-nursery. The owner spent time showing me all the herbs I was interested in, and a few more besides. He was everything a owner-salesman should be- courteous, knowledgeable, patient. I ended up buying one plant more than I had originally intended to.
But right after I paid up, and while I was still putting the plants in a carry bag, he walked away. Just like that. He didn’t have to stay till I was gone, but considering I was the only customer around, it jarred that he didn’t.
I’m not sure if I would be going back.
______  
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

3 comments:

Sueann said...

That is a "slam-bam thank you" if I ever saw one.
How rude!
I wouldn't go back...I hate the feeling of being "used".
Hugging you
SUeAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I wonder if it ever occurred to him what the effect would be if he walked away that abruptly. Probably not and that makes it all the sadder. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back.

Vishal Bheeroo said...

nice jarring. He was oblivious of the fact that his walking away would have on you or perhaps he's so disconnected to customers. He lost a customer.

Vishal
www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com
vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails