Thursday, March 7, 2013

On his terms



“Bye!!!”, my son told me, knapsack strapped onto his back. And with a jaunty wave, he was off. I wanted to run after him, pull him into a hug, tell him one more time how much I’ll miss him, reel of a set of instructions.
I held back. “Bye”, I said. “Have fun.”
His first school trip; three days and two nights away from home. I wanted to go to school and see him off, but held back. He doesn’t need me getting emotional. He needs to know we are in his corner rooting for him, but on his terms.
______  
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Sueann said...

Tough role, being a parent!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Moushumi - Rainbows and Cloudbursts said...

Never realise how tough letting go can be till V1 and V2 came into my life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails