Monday, March 4, 2013

She taught me.....



I was 14 when I met Scout Finch and heard her say, “I think there is just one type of folks. Folks.” Ten simple words spoken by a mere child! Ten words that ended up shaping how I view the world.
I am headstrong; I react in haste. But eventually, I put myself in the shoes of the other person, and once I do, it is not hard to understand why they did what they did. And I no longer hold it against them.
Empathy- that’s what my favourite character taught me.
What did your favourite female character teach you?
______ 
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.
Image taken from the Internet

3 comments:

Diandra said...

Empathy is a concept I still struggle with, sometimes. It's easy with family and friends, or even coworkers. But that annoying guy on the subway... well, the least I can do is try. ^^

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, I've always loved Scout Finch and you're right; she teaches important lessons about empathy. The trouble for me with answering your interesting question is that I've 'met' too many female fictional characters who've taught me a lot. No way could I discuss it all in one comment...

Moushumi - Rainbows and Cloudbursts said...

My favourite characters in that book were Atticus (esp when I imagined the gorgeous Gregory Peck in that role) and Boo Radley! :)

I think my favourite female character in a book would have to be Draupadi in Chitra Divakaruni's Palace of Illusions and also Countess Vera Rossakoff the glamorous jewel thief who makes her appearance in Hercule Poirot novels

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails