Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spiderplants for his birthday

On my son's birthday, I went to my Nursery to pick up plants to give his classmates. Since they were learning all about plants and seeds in class, I thought the spider plant would be most appropriate.



"Do you want normal ones, or the ones which give baby plants?", the gardener asked.
"The ones that give babies", I replied immediately - that is the whole point of spiderplants, isn't it?



Three months to the day after I got the plants home, the plant flowered.



The baby plants will grow into big plants someday, but it is the memory of the flowers that I will treasure forever.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a touching post. Wonderful! That is such a beautiful plant. It's memory will linger in your heart forever.
-we buy houses

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails